St Mary's Roman Catholic Cemetery was established in 1858, 25 years after neighbouring Kensal Green Cemetery, on land belonging to the General Cemetery Company, the then owners of Kensal Green. The company felt that Catholics might appreciate their own burial ground rather than being interred in a non denominational cemetery. 165,000 people are buried in its 29 acre site which remains in use today.
|Storing traffic cones is not perhaps the most sensitive use for mausolea|
Nor is taking a photograph of them!ReplyDelete